Thursday 17 September 2015

Welcome to 2015-2016


Hello parents/guardians,

 

My name is Stephanie Isaac and I would like to welcome you and your child to the 4 I classroom. I am looking forward to working with my new students this year. All of the returning Bonnycastle students have had a chance to meet me in June and to explore the classroom a little.  As parents to these young learners, you are always welcome in the classroom.  Feel free to pop in during the first few days to meet me or to take a look around.


I believe that an effective classroom is a group of students and teachers who work and learn collaboratively. Each member of the classroom brings with them an important set of skills and interests and the purpose of the classroom community is to bring these out in a beneficial manner. One of my goals as your child’s teacher is to push the boundaries of the physical classroom to include your home, our community and further. One of the ways that we will be doing this is through technology, such as our class website and student blogs. Over the first few weeks, your child will be able to share this with you.



The two grade 4 French immersion classes will be working together closely this year.  In Science and Social studies all grade 4 students will be taught by both teachers (Mme Davis and myself).  The switch between teachers will be happening based on full units of study, ie. I will be teaching Geography of Canada and Mme Davis will be teaching Living in Canada. There will be co-teaching on a regular basis and all students will get to know both teachers.  This will allow us more opportunities to reach the needs of a variety of learning styles and students. 





Hallway to classroom - 2nd floor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name